Thursday, October 26, 2017

Two

So at some point today, Facebook reminded me that 1 year ago, I wrote a “1 year anniversary blog.” I’m sad to report, I did not have anything lined up for year 2. Hell.. if I’m being honest, I didn’t even remember. But that’s why we keep Facebook around, right?
Anyways, the last year has been nothing to shake a stick at. If anything, it’s been a hell of a roller coaster and more.
I started this blog with a few intentions. 1. I wanted a way to document all the details of the sport I love so much. Sure, I have the medals and t-shirts to look back on the memories. But the nitty gritty details that start to disappear from your mind over time? Yea.. that’s what I really wanted to hang onto. Blog life allows me to keep them forever. 2. I was convinced no one would read about my adventures. But if they did.. I wanted nothing more to help inspire someone to take that first step. Maybe they would go out and buy their first pair of running shoes. Maybe dust off their old running shoes. Hell, maybe they’d just want to start tracking their daily steps every day. Whatever it is, I’m convinced if you want to do it bad enough, you’ll find a way. And I thought… maybe my stories might help someone take that leap they’d always been hesitant to take?
What I didn’t expect was to be inspired right back. But I can honestly say that my readers have encouraged me. The messages, the texts, the calls. I’ve had strangers approach me in public.. “Hi! I’m ____ and I found your blog! I love it!” You have no idea what you’ve done for me as well. You’re another reason I keep coming back for more. The support is so graciously appreciated and doesn’t go unnoticed. And for that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
So here’s to year 2. A year that has left my jaw on the ground more than once. And as I welcome year 3, I do so with my head held high and hungry for more. I’d like to say I have a good idea of what the next 12 months will bring, but only time will truly tell.

 
Captured by Yours Truly last weekend during my Chicago Lakefront run

Cheers to Year 2. To Year 3, bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment