Friday, June 9, 2017

When Life Hands You Lemons

Lately, my life has been anything but routine. Routine is the name of my game and right now, there's none of that. I was given a pretty amazing opportunity back in the winter months. My grandmother was selling her condo and for a long time, I've always thought how perfect it would be to one day call her house my home. I've spent all of my post-college life at home for a variety of reasons, but being near my mother (who has a few needs that we don't need to dive into) was priority number one. And then there were finances. But there's no way you can afford that gorgeous condo Megan, you must be absolutely nuts. 

I'll spare you the details, just know that as of 24 hours ago, I was able to call this amazing space MY home. The last 3 months I've been a basket case of emotions. I don't know many people who live at home as long as I have and truly enjoy it like I have. I'm already sitting here missing Josiee nudging at my arm to pet her and give her all the attention. My periwinkle room has always been my safe place, and right now it's about to be invaded by the BFG. And speaking of, he wasn't around last night to barge into my room while I was trying to sleep to show me some video that "you just gotta see!" And my parents, 2 of the best people you'll ever encounter and some of my best friends, weren't here to wish me goodnight. Megan you're almost 30. I don't care, I've been so happy at home with my crew. So much so that tears well up in my eyes while I type. Thankfully, I'm only a few blocks away. I'm so close it'll be like I'm not even gone. I was already home for dinner last night and tonight is more of the same. I mean, I can't miss Taco night..

But, change is necessary to grow and evolve. And I won't lie, I'm excited to enjoy this view every morning while I sip my favorite coffee: 

What.A.View.
And what I consider the best part of my house is currently under construction. My new workout room, the pain cave, the dungeon. Whatever you want to call it. It's currently a construction zone and will be ready for any willing participants come Monday morning. 

Yup.

Demo Time!
Soon you'll have updated photos of my favorite room of the house. Because that's where I'll feel most myself. And I can't wait to put in some major work in that unexpecting loft. 

Wait, Megan, you said it won't be ready until Monday morning? What about this coming weekends' workouts? 

You know I don't sit still very well. This weekend will be spent in Madison, Wisconsin... racing. And for the first time this year, the heat is going to be making an appearance. Along with the wind and the massive mountains that hide in the midwest of Madison, Wisconsin.

My favorite view on the Madison bike course 💓
I've been given some amazing opportunities lately. Don't think for a second that I don't know it. Grateful isn't even a strong enough word. I don't plan on wasting any bit of it. Life, it's moving. Quickly. Hang on and don't blink, because this summer a whole new chapter is going to be written.

My unit. My core. Through and through.



No comments:

Post a Comment