Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The Wedding 5.26.2019


A few days ago my mom asked me, "What day is the wedding blog going to be done?" I laughed and realized.. I hadn't even thought about it. But the more I sat on the idea, I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity for me to savor the day.

If you're interested in my non-racing life for a little bit, this one's for you. If not, I promise we'll be back to regularly scheduled programming after this.

Spoiler Alert: It was the most perfect day

Our day was more than just 1 day. It was an entire whirlwind weekend. We started the journey solo, arriving in 2 separate cars packed to the gil a few hours apart. We rushed around. Unpack this. Get this to wedding planner. Deliver this to florist. Soon it was 9pm on Thursday, May 23rd and we sat down together to enjoy dinner together. This was the last meal we'd have alone together before the nuptials.

Spotted Cows with Cheese Curds on the way

Family and some friends started to arrived on Friday. It was one of those days I didn't plan for. I went for a run after our morning massages, showered, and got dressed. When I left my room at 1:30pm to greet the first family member, I didn't realize I wouldn't be back to my room at all. I carried a Bride 'sippy cup' of wine around with me all night. In and out of the resort bars. Not one bartender stopped me. I filled it up at friends rooms along the way the entire night. We drank, laughed, danced, sang, and loved every minute of that spontaneous day and night.

Hode's at The Abbey 

Those Sloan boys ☘

Saturday involved a full round of golf for the boys while I greeted the girls as they started to arrive. A little morning run, a little lunch with the girls, and next thing you knew it was time practice marrying the love of my life.

Ready... set... where's Lindsey?

I spoke at the rehearsal dinner. I had thought about what I wanted to say, I even jotted down a few notes. There was a theme. There was a message. But as soon as I stood in front of all my closest family and friends, I melted. And fast. I had dreamed of this day for so long. Everyone I love the most, all in one room. It was here and the emotion overtook me faster than I imagined. I wear my heart on my sleeve, that's never been a secret. But that night, everyone saw a pretty deep side of Megan they probably didn't bargain for.

Proof.

Sunday morning arrived and I barely slept a wink the night before. It could have been the nerves. It could have been all the "last minute texts" I was sending out to the groomsmen and family. Or, it could have been my beloved Matron of Honor snoring her ass off next to me. I dunno, that part is still up for debate. Regardless of any sort of snoring volume at midnight, 1am, or 3am, I'm certain the adrenaline in my veins kept me in a love struck haze between sleep and awake all night long. I was sitting upright scrolling my phone before 6am. I got up to make a cup of coffee and Kait turned and spotted me across the room. We both did a little silent dance so as not to wake Jacqui or the other maids in the massive suite.

The next part of this story shouldn't shock you. I took the girls on my last run as a Hode. At 7am the morning of my wedding. We laced up and hit the road. I've started most of my days as a Hode with a run. How could I start the last day any different?

There's Lindsey!
And Ian took Beth's place during the run portion of the day


The girls and I headed to the salon after a quick rinse to start the getting ready process. Rob had spent the night at Lake Lawn Lodge. He enjoyed a suite fit for a King (or a small army) and slept in before he met his brother for breakfast. The girls finished hair and makeup and picked up lunch as we headed back. I lost my phone between the salon and The Abbey. Room serviced decided not to come clean the room while we were gone. All those little things that you don't plan for, yea they happened. 

The rest of the story will be told mostly through pictures. I'll jump in and explain a few things here and there, but I'm going to try and let the pictures tell the story. Our photographer is truly one of the best. She deserves every penny plus some. She walked into a mess of women half naked, some applying makeup, some still eating lunch and she asked 0 questions. She adjusted her lens and off she went. You aren't going to see all 1,800 photos (yes, seriously) but I'll do my best to show you all the winners. If pictures don't interest you, this is your cue to move on.


Getting Ready: The Girls 

I made sure to have all of Rob's sisters and nieces come to the room while we were getting ready. We had ALL the females of all ages, coffee, champagne, and hair curlers in 1 room.







Seeing Rob's sister and Godmother for the first time
Karen's face in the background is also priceless

Petal Patrol..

...gettin' all glammed up with mom 

But first lemme take a selfie 


Mom finally arrived 💖

Easily 100% my favorite picture of my mom and I
Making sure Mia had the perfect fit

Spoiler Alert: I didn't wear running shoes down the aisle 

Dad decided to wait until this moment to see my dress for the first time

And so did Mark 👫


Getting Ready: The Boys


There's a difference between boys and girls...

That difference includes serious hard alcohol and hearty meat sandwiches on your wedding day

The room we had reserved for the boys to get ready had an air conditioner on the fritz.
Poor Smitty was just lookin' for some airflow...

I was told that Google was utilized many times to figure out how to fold those little devils..

Ring bearer Leo. Over it.


The room next door had air though ;) 

Who needs dress shoes?

17 going on 25

Jen saved the day with the boutineers..

All the men needed help

Best man & My man 

There may or may not have been blood involved when Rob shaved that morning...
There also may or may not have been makeup involved as a quick fix...

Ring Bearers off duty


Portraits

Hode's

😊

Baby Boy + all 6 Sisters

1-10 + Poppi

The Sloan Boys







Those baby blues 😍

Because this was my favorite part 




Ceremony Favorites















Mr. & Mrs. Sloan



If you look closely..
...our dad's in the background 

Post Ceremony Portraits

Rob's Grandma Dolly

We are FAM-I-LY



My Grandma Angie




Sloan, Party of 36

Poppi, 1-10, Spouses

ALL of my siblings 👭👬👫👫👭👫
That A-frame 😍

This crew 💙

Mr. & Mrs. Sloan 💖

























I could go on and on. The pictures never end, and I'm completely ok with that. You just got a small taste of what our day was. 

Thank you's are heading out in the mail shortly but I think it's important to mention how deeply appreciative Rob and I are for everyone that helped make this day what it was for us. Our love story to get to wedding day wasn't short and there are plenty of people that have helped us write it over the years. Not a day goes by we don't understand that. Without any of you, we wouldn't be us. 

Cheers 🍺 

The Sloan's 


1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog. Wedding is a ceremony where two people are united in marriage. Here I observed an experience of a person how she getting married with family members blessings. Also I found some captured pictures related to marriage. They are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I like this blog. Along with this article I always recommended Springdale clinic to get instruction on mental health issues.

    ReplyDelete